Trial Policy Information
Saddles purchased through our website come with 2 options: Final Sale and Trial. For information about our Final Sale option, please see our Final Sale Policy page. Accessories are final sale only.
The trial period serves as your opportunity to inspect and test ride the saddle in order to ensure the correct fit for you and your horse. Please carefully read all of the information on this page before taking a saddle on trial.
- All saddles are sold as-is with no warranty.
- At the time of your order, you will be charged for the saddle plus shipping and insurance. Shipping and insurance rates are below.
- Length of trial is 3 days, not including date of delivery. Extensions of the trial period are available as needed by request.
- Saddle must be postmarked returned no later than the 3rd business day of the trial if being returned. (Exceptions can be made as long as we are contacted and agree on a day)
- Saddle needs to be returned in same condition for full refund of saddle purchase price .
- Ship saddle for return insured with a signature requirement. Acceptable shipping methods are UPS, FedEx or DHL (Please do not use post office to ship saddle back)
- The purchase price of the saddle is refundable if you need to make a return, however the shipping and insurance is non-refundable.
- Refund for saddle will take place within 1 business day after saddle arrives safely and in the same condition back to Maryland Tack Exchange.
Please note: if you take a saddle on trial and decide to keep the saddle, the price you pay is the trial price. You do not get a credit back for the final sale price difference.
Shipping & Insurance for Trials
Shipping within the Continental USA is $74.95 (includes insurance).
Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $150.00 (includes insurance).
No trials outside the US. Sorry, no exceptions to this policy.
**Note: if you take a saddle on trial and wish to return it, you are responsible for the return shipping charges.**
Maryland residents will be charged a 6% Sales Tax, and Florida residents will be charged 6.5% Sales Tax at checkout.
Maryland Tack Exchange allows two ways for payment of your saddle. Online (credit card) is the quickest and easiest way to make a purchase. To buy or take a saddle on trial via credit card, choose either the "Final Sale" or "Trial" option and click Add to Cart, then simply follow the checkout process. Shipping with insurance charge will be included in your total checkout price.
We also accept a certified cashiers check. (PLEASE NOTE: a cashiers check will be held for 2 days to make sure the check clears.)
If you want to purchase or take one of our saddles on trial and want to pay via cashiers check you will need to fill out our contact form so that particular saddle can be put on hold while the check arrives. NO SADDLE WILL BE HELD MORE THAN 12 HOURS UNLESS PAYMENT IS RECEIVED OR WE HAVE PROOF THAT A CASHIERS CHECK WAS MAILED WITH A TRACKING #. NO EXCEPTIONS.